Click for Callaway, Virginia Forecast

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It Started Snowing...

My wonderful wife bought me this model of a Yamaha Vision last Christmas. I figured that it started snowing for the winter and I better get started doing something.

The turn signal lenses were just clear plastic, so I painted them orange to match my life size XZ550 Vision (Actually, this model is an XZ400, but who can tell). The model was white plastic, I painted it to match the color of my Vision.

You can click on any one of these pictures and you will be able to see better detail.

For example, look at the "Yamaha" badge on the gas tank. I painted that gold.

The mirrors are also painted with reflective silver paint. The model came with a teeny tiny set of gauges (Speedo & Tach), but when the decal was applied on the black gauge cluster, you could not see it. So, when it fell off, I didn't bother trying to put the decal back on.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to shrink down to 1/15th scale so I can ride this little bugger around the kitchen table.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?