Click for Callaway, Virginia Forecast

Monday, October 31, 2005

Polypropelyne Cold Weather Gear

At work the other night, Jeff and I were talking about "Under Armour" Cold Weather Gear that we could wear under our police uniforms. We both can't stand wearing a coat or jacket while working. He mentioned that he had bought some military cold gear made with Polypropelyne from eBay. When he got it, he realized that it might be to thick to wear under his uniform. He said it might work pretty good for my motorcycle (He thinks I am crazy for riding the bike, as cold as it has been). Last night, he brought it to work, both a long sleeve shirt and pants.

After my shift at work, I tried the shirt & pants on to see if they fit. I immediately felt my body heat staying with my body. To say the least, this stuff is warm! I decided to keep my new duds on and test it on my ride home. At 3:00 AM, the temperature was 36 Degrees (F) with the black ice alarm going off. I put on the gear that I rode into work with, a JoeRocket Mesh Jacket with armor, my waste length heavy coat and my leather boots and winter riding gloves. I already had on 2 pairs of socks, the Polypropelyne suit and my t-shirt. The heated grips were turned on. Off I went on the bike for the 8 mile ride home. This stuff kept me pretty damn warm. The only place that I felt cold were my cheeks and eye balls and that's only because I had to crack the face shield due to it fogging up on me.

Now, if I can only find some sort of protection from the deer I saw on my way home. In just 8 miles, I saw, at least a dozen deer. Not a good feeling when you're only on 2 wheels.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?