Click for Callaway, Virginia Forecast

Sunday, July 24, 2005

New Rubber @ 18870 Miles



It was time to replace my rear shoe on the Vision. I replaced the temporary used Dunlop with a Bridgestone Battlax BT45 (110/90-18). I found when I was swaping the tires that the Dunlop was wider than the new Bridgestone. This would explain why the bike handled poorly with the Dunlop. The Yamaha Vision really likes the stock tire size. Many have tried larger tires only to find that the bike isn't as nimble with the larger tires or the larger tires just would not fit. I now have experienced this first hand. The Avon Super Venom tires where just plain worn out. I only got about 2000 miles from the Avon Super Venoms and the regular Avon Venoms do not come in a size that the Vision can use. So from this point on, we will try the Battlax from Bridgestone and see where that will take us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?