Click for Callaway, Virginia Forecast

Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Ride2Work Three Days

The 20th of July was the 14th Annual Ride To Work Day. As I work nights, my ride to work day started on the evening of the 19th. As I rode to work in the dark on Ferrum Mountain Road, I nearly hit a family of skunks and had an insect of some sort make it through the 1/8" opening I had in my visor and hit me square in my eye. It blinded me to the point where I had to stop the bike and work the bug out from under my eyelid.

At 8:00 AM on the 20th, I got off work and rode straight to Firearms Training in Rocky Mount. My two qualifying rounds scored a 94% and 98.6%. I felt like I was off a little bit, but I will take those scores. I made it home about Noon and went to bed.

At about 9:15 PM and the fact that it was still the 20th of July, I was off again on the bike headed to work. The ride to work was uneventful (and so was work for that matter). Off work by 8:00 AM and then over to First Aid & Automatic External Defribulator (AED) Training. Scored a cool 100% on the written test and then home by 11:30 AM. This is where I had to jump in the car and take the spare rear wheel to the bike to Roanoke and have AllSport Cycles put a new Bridgestone Battlax BT45 on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?