Click for Callaway, Virginia Forecast

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Carolina BMW Motorcycles

My buddy Bill and I heard that there was going to be free food in Greensboro this week end. What better excuse for a motorcycle ride than free lunch. Bill and I met at Sheetz in Rocky Mount, VA and then off to Carolina BMW Motorcycles in Greensboro. Now, normally, this is an 85 mile trip from my house to BMW Motorcycles (I guess I shouldn't say "normally" as I have only been to Greensboro once before). However, due to a slight communication error, Bill and I (and his wife, Liz) ended up in Danville before heading South on Rt. 29 to Greensboro.

Bill & Liz met a friend of theirs, Gene (and his wife, but I don't remember her name). In the picture, Bill is on the Left and Gene is on the Right.

Gene rides a BMW K-Bike with 345,000 miles on it... WOW! He also runs a website, I think the site is located at RatRun, but I might have that wrong. Gene and his wife are really nice people. They do quite a bit of the Rally circuit, so if you see them out, tell 'em I said hello.

All in all the Vision did 240 Miles today and was running pretty good. All systems (oil pressure, voltage and water temperature) were consistant for the 200+ mile ride. Oh, the Bar-B-Que was pretty good for being free.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?