Click for Callaway, Virginia Forecast

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Amateur Radio

Friday, 55 Degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect day for a ride to
run some errands in Rocky Mount and then to work. On my way to Rocky
Mount, I came up behind a Brown Ford Taurus on Callaway Road. This Taurus
sported three antennas (Car Radio Antenna, CB Radio Antenna and a very fat
Ham Radio Antenna) and an Amateur Radio Personalized License Plate. The
Taurus was putting along at a perky 40 MPH. I just figured and old farmer,
not in a hurry, no big deal. I followed the car for a while, 4 or five
miles, before I came to a straight away with a broken yellow line on our
side. As I went to pass the Sport Taurus, the assh**e quickly accelerated.
I was showing 85 on the speedometer (Speedometer maxes out at 85 MPH - 80's
era bike). Going from 40 to 85 MPH, I knew this guy was doing this for
spite. I goosed the bike a little more (bike only had a little more) and
got past him. Damn, I hate cagers with attitudes.

Needless to say, the ride home from work was 22 degrees and uneventful.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?